Choice Based Credit System
To evolve a higher education system that is suitability blended with provision for knowledge values and skill practice where every student learns in without sacrificing his/her creativity.
- To introduce Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) at Undergraduate level
- Development of Curricula that would facilitate student centric learning
- Examination Reforms
- Administrative Reforms
All of the above objectives have to be realized with an aim to transform teaching learning processes in academics- a transformation where students change from being passive listeners of knowledge to becoming active participants of the knowledge imbibing process.
The current higher education curriculum does not impart the necessary skills that would make the students employable adequately. There is a lack of Interdisciplinary approach as well as there is a very little scope for value based courses to be taught. In addition the evaluation methods are largely based on memory recall processes. In addition the students don’t learn to think and analyze on their own. Also, the system is not effective enough in meeting/ empowering students to think or matters/issues independently.
The 11th five year plan of India as well as the National Knowledge Commission have recommended revamping of higher education through academic and administrative reforms. The UGC particular in its 11th plan, has emphasized on such reforms and this was followed by the recommendations were made on similar lines by the Association of Indian Universities. (AIU)
- To introduce Semester system
- To develop a structured programme for CBCS that would
- Enable students to have a flexible learning within a structured model
- Enable students to have wider choices outside their discipline of their study
- Enable students to have an exposure to real life experience by participation in internships as well as vocational training
- Enable students to have facility of Credit transfer across the country
- Use of ICT
- Use of Sandhan
- Use of ALM
- Use of computer laboratories to be set up across the state as learning
- Introduction and Implementation of concept of Teacher fellow(TF) and Course Assistant(CA)
METHODOLOGY AND PLAN OF ACTION
The methodology to introduce CBCS will follow the sequence as:
- To develop a structure having enough room for flexibility for horizontal as well as vertical migration of students
- To design the curriculum with appropriate course labels.
- Preparation of content for each course
- Teacher training and capacity building
- Class room revamping
- Preparation of Question bank
- Creating centers for ODOLE which would facilitate E learning as well
The ultimate goal is to bring reforms in higher education so that students develop thinking as well as analytical ability, he/she gets equipped with necessary skills ultimately making him/her suitable for an employment and to integrate values of our culture with education.